Recent years have seen dramatic developments in the technology available for clinical investigation of swallowing, gastro-esophageal reflux, digestive and continence function. This includes high-resolution manometry, pH-impedance reflux monitoring, breath tests and investigations of anorectal function.
The European GI Motility Hub is an innovative online platform developed by the international working group for disorders of gastrointestinal motility and function (IWG) to disseminate information and provide practical training to physicians, nurses and physiologists with an interest in the diagnosis and management of patients with disorders of gastrointestinal motility and function.
- Video presentations by leading experts in the field present the evidence base supporting the investigation and management of patients with disorders of gastrointestinal motility and function.
- Guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) documents detailing the appropriate use of investigations will be translated and provided in multiple European languages.
- Additional clips will demonstrate how to prepare, perform and analyse investigations of GI motility and function.
- On-line training will allow beginners to learn and experienced practitioners to refine their clinical skills in line with current guidelines. Registered users can obtain Continuing Medical Education (CME) points for completing these activities.
- Registered users can discuss guidelines and upload anonymized case files for discussion of interesting cases.
- The platform will also provide access to on-line studies that will assess inter-observer agreement of diagnosis using the latest version of guidelines.
- Promote IWG meetings, including the upcoming Ascona III conference 1-6. May 2022, ESNM and other events organized by common interest groups.
Afafe Taiymi, Mohammed VI University Hospital, Hepatogastroenterology Unit, Oujda, Morocco
Radislav Nakov (deceased), Queen Yoanna University Hospital, Medical University of Sofia, Bulgaria. Please view his obituary here.
Milena Uzunova, MHAT
Dr. Stefan Cherkezov, Veliko Turnovo, Bulgaria
Ivana Mikolasevic, Luca Vranic, Filip Blazic, Department of Gastroenterology, UHC Rijeka, Croatia
Henriette Heinrich, St. Anna Hospital, Luzern, Switzerland
Mark Fox, Klinik Arlesheim, Basel, Switzerland
Ugo Grossi, Giulio Santoro, Department of Surgery, Ospedale di Trevisio, Italy
Marcin Banasiuk, Department of Paediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Medical University of Warsaw, Poland
Dan Dumitrascu, Ciprian Cioltean, University of Medicine and Pharmacy Iuliu Hatieganu, Cluj, Romania
Ariadna Aguilar Cayuelas, Motility and Functional Gut Disorders Unit Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol Badalona, Spain
Serhat Bor, Ege University, Izmir, Türkey